Thursday 7 September 2023

Maybe I am dealing with cancer

 About a year and a half ago, I noticed a hard tumor resembling a
grape below my left earlobe. Over time, it multiplied, first into two, then three smaller tumors that eventually merged into a larger mass. This tumor has grown to approximately 2 inches in length and half an inch in width. Recently, I've even noticed another small grape-like tumor forming beneath the larger one.

 

My eldest daughter is studying at Sylhet Medical College. Around a year ago, I sought medical attention from her and the professionals at Sylhet Medical College. They conducted various tests, and the doctor recommended a biopsy. However, I am hesitant to undergo this procedure.

 

If the tumor turns out to be benign, there's no reason for concern. But if it contains cancer cells, I fear that the cancer may progress rapidly following surgery.

 

Our neighbor, Najma, was about seven years younger than me. Sadly, he passed away about a month ago after battling cancer for approximately 3-4 years. Doctors in India, where he sought treatment, advised against surgery, as it seemed to have accelerated the spread of cancer throughout his body. His once-healthy head of hair was replaced by baldness, and he endured various therapies and suffering. Eventually, he reached a point where there was nothing left to do but hope for a peaceful end. Despite spending 70-80 lakh rupees on treatments, his life could not be saved.

 

It serves as a stark reminder that no one has the power to conquer death.

 

Sincerely,


Khandaker Nazneen Sultana

Writer & Journalist

08-09-2023


No comments:

Post a Comment