Monday 27 May 2013

Companion of Prophet Musa (peace be upon him) in Paradise



Story about  mother- Muslim Mothers Prayer:

 Companion of Prophet Musa (peace be upon him) in Paradise


Once, while conversing with Almighty Allah (SWT), Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) requested: "O' Lord! I desire to meet the person, who is to be my companion in Paradise."
 Jibril (Gabriel) descended and informed Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) that his companion was to be a butcher who lived in a certain place. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) set out in search of him and arrived at his shop, when he noticed a youth, resembling a night watchman, busy selling meat.


When night fell, the youth took some meat and proceeded towards his house. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) followed him till they reached there. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) approached the youth and said, "Would you not like to have a guest?" The youth willingly agreed and took Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) inside.

Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) watched the youth preparing some food. When he had finished, he brought down a large basket from the upper storey. Bringing out an old and wizened woman from inside it, he washed her and then proceeded to feed her with his own hands. When the youth was about to carry the basket back to its original place, Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) noticed the old woman's lips move as she mumbled something incomprehensible.

The youth then brought food for Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) and both of them ate their dinner. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) inquired, "What is your relation with this old woman?"

The youth replied, "She is my mother and since my financial state does not allow me to purchase a slave-girl for her, I myself strive to serve and look after her."

Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) questioned further, "What did your mother mumble before you took her upstairs?"

The youth responded, "Whenever I wash her and feed her, my mother prays: May Allah (SWT) forgive you and place you in the company and in the rank of Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) in Paradise."

Hearing this, Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "O' Youth! I give you glad tidings; Allah (SWT) has accepted your Muslim Mothers Prayers and Jibril (Gabriel) has informed me that you shall be my companion in Paradise!"


Story about mother's curse:

In the tribe of Bani Israel, there lived a pious person by the name of Jareeh, who used to engage himself in Allah's (SWT) worship, in his monastery. One day, his mother approached him while he was busy in prayer and, as a result, he did not respond to her. She approached him for a second time, but again, Jareeh did not answer to his mother.

When this happened for the third time, she became angry and cursed him saying, "I pray to Allah (SWT) that He does not help you!"

The next day a prostitute came up to his monastery and giving birth to a child there, declared: "This is Jareeh's child whom I have given birth to."

This created uproar among the people, who thought: "The very person, who used to rebuke us for fornication, has committed it himself." The king ordered him to be sent to the gallows.

When Jareeh's mother came to know of this, she began beating her face in distress whereupon he said to her, "Keep quiet, for it is due to your curse that I find myself in this predicament."

The people asked him, "O' Jareeh! How can we know that you speak the truth?"

Jareeh told them to bring the child to him. When the child was brought, he prayed and then questioned the child, "Who is your father?" The child, with divine power and permission, said, "My father is such and such a shepherd belonging to such and such a tribe."

This incident saved Jareeh's life after which he vowed never to separate from his mother and to serve her throughout her life.


Mother-in-law stories:

The only poison was in your mind -----------


A long time ago in China, a girl named Li-Li got married and went to live with her husband and mother-in-law. In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all.

Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly.

Days passed days, and weeks passed weeks. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting. But what made the situation even worse was that, according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish.

All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's poor husband great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-law's bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it.

Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs. She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all. Mr. Huang thought for a while, and finally said, Li-Li, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you. Li-Li said, "Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do."

Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs.

He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious. Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving. Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspects you when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen."

Li-Li was so happy. She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law.

Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother. After six months had passed, the whole household had changed.

Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Li-Li changed, and she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in-law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter. Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening.

One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again. She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep the poison from killing my mother-in-law! She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."


Story of most important body part

‘People will never forget how you made them feel’


My mother used to ask me: "What is the most important part of the body?"

Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Mother."

Mother said, "No Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon."

Several years passed before mother asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, "Mother, sight is very important to everybody, so it must be our eyes."

Mother looked at me and told me, "You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct because there are many people who are blind."

Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge. Over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, "No, but you are getting smarter every year, my child."

Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even my father cried. I remember that especially because it was only the second time I saw my father cry. My Mother looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye to grandpa.

Mother asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear son?"

I was shocked when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between her and me. Mother saw the confusion on my face and told me, "This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived in your life. For every body part you gave me in the past, I have told you were wrong and I have given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important lesson."

Mother looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. Mother said, "My dear, the most important body part is your shoulder."

I asked, "Is it because it holds up my head?"

Mother replied, "No, it is because it can hold the head of a friend or a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear son. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it."

Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one. It is sympathetic to the pain of others. People will forget what you said... People will forget what you did... But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.

True or not, the story makes you stop and think. Be blessed. Be a blessing. Get your shoulder ready.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment